Monday, January 08, 2007

Door and Window Casing


All of the door and window trim, as well as base trim in the upper floor has been installed. This is one of the bedrooms with the 2 small closets. It's not a fancy door, it's actually Lola's old closet door from our "old" house that still has a mirror on it from the last owner of the house. Actually, almost all of the doors upstairs are reused from the existing house. The new doors match these existing ones and the existing ones will get a fresh coat of paint.

This is our master bedroom door and closet. (Closet doors are new but the main door is old) That wood trim around the door trim will is a detail that was from our old house and all of the trim will be painted the same color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!
You must be so excited... home stretch! I like the door knobs... and doors too - nice panel detail.
- Ingrida.

Wego Family said...

Wendy,

It's Keith Wengronowitz, remember me from college? I am still really good friends with Kyl Rusk, Mark Pape and Todd Petersen. Kyl sent me your blog site. We are beginning a big remodel/addition on our house too. Here is the blog that I am just now creating.

http://wegohome.blogspot.com/

I am curious how you resolved the tracker % complete problem you had? I too can not get the % complete to update.

Anyway, your project looks great and is nearing completion. Congratulations. We hope to break ground in March/April and our builder is saying 6 - 7 months to completion.

Take care,
Keith

Wendy said...

Hi Keith,
You can email me at wpersonett@gmail.com and I will email you the code for the tracker. It all has to do with the spacing of the code.

Good luck on your remodel!

leith said...

Congratulations Wendy,Derek & Lola the girls and I are happy about your new addition! The house looks great too!