Friday, September 08, 2006

Not for the squeamish


So one of the roofers shot himself in the foot today with his nail gun while getting on that steep corner of the roof. He was setting his nail gun down when it went off and the nail shot into his BONE about 3/8" of the way, through the cartilege and deep enough so that he couldn't pull it out with pliers. Damn...
Dugan insisted that they finish the job (cover the roof with felt at a minimum) because it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so he had the poor guy sit in his truck and drink water to keep himself hydrated (since he was bleeding) and wait for his partner to feverishly finish the work so that he could drive him to the hospital.
I don't know about you, but I don't complain about my job anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I won't complain about my boss, either!

The house looks like it's coming along beautifully. You must be so excited!

andyL said...

Gee, Dugan the slave driver...
Heard on the block a yellin "Ill nail your boots to the roof and there'll no kidney liver or pancrease pie for you till the jobs done boyo!"

Anonymous said...

Dang. That's one hard core work ethic. - Ingrida.