Wednesday, August 02, 2006

First Floor Plan


I'm finally done with these rendered plans. I ran out of gas by the time I got to the second floor so it didn't get as much materials and colors but you get the idea. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

andyL said...

mad Sketchup skilz I like the open floor plan. So far so good no room for a vestibule at the entrance, for shoes et al.

Wendy said...

Yeah, we thought about that - the bench seating you see along the wall at the entry is for shoes (and we have a lot of shoes) and we thought about maybe putting up a partial height or short wall about where the couch is to define the entry a litte bit....But, we opted to keep the floor plan open.
That's a really good comment though - I would've loved to push the living room out a little and then recess the entry so that I can get more cover at the porch, but the zoning code here doesn't allow us to do so at that side of the house. (we're already at our setback) that's also the reason why the front porch is small.

andyL said...

just a thought but if you hinge the door into the sofa it would be a bit of a buffer when there is weather. and make the bench the site line directing your visitors to the bench. I assume you are using this door for visitors your major egress is throught he back?
I figured you had hit your set back envelope looks good. is the deck on yet?

Wendy said...

Actually that was the way we had it originally, with the door hinged the other way. Someone talked me out of it but I may switch it back. hopefuly it won't be hard to do it since we're reusing the front door and it's currently hinged the way it's shown in the rendering. We actually use the front door quite a bit. Derek's little hobby (yellow MG)is hidden in the garage so we don't park back there. We were going to put some sort of slate or tile walk-off area at the door but decided that it looked better with it all bamboo. We'll probably put a walk-off mat there anyway.