Wednesday, June 13, 2007

House, Fence and No Baby Yet...

Baby #2 is still baking in the oven. In the mean time, I thought I'd post some new pictures:


Here's an updated photo of the house, with all the paint work done. Trim around windows is still incomplete but we're still waiting for the new countertop to come in before Dugan will spend a whole week here finishing up the odds and ends.

In the mean time, my neighbors have decided to redo their fence and since we share one fence with them, we agreed to do it, as well as the back portion of ours. It was a do-it-yourself bamboo fence before that taught me to stop trying to build stuff and stick to designing. This fence was actually not designed by me, but by my neighbors and I think it works really well with our house too!

This is the fence between our 2 houses. The gap there on the right will be a gate that will allow our kids access to both yards. The fence is not done yet - there sill be a trellis along the top of it along the entire length between our houses and we plan on planting some sort of vine, maybe clematis or grapes.

That shorter fence is our back fence, which leads to the back alley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fence looks great!!! I love the idea of connecting yards, so kids can play.

The garden looks great too - have you been gardening, or are all those blooms orginals, dating back to pre-construction?

-Ingrida

Wendy said...

I wish I had the time and energy to garden right now. We just had a guy come and rip out all the weeds by the new fence (see all the dirt there, it used to all be covered in huge weeds from a year of neglect) The other plants are just survivors dating back from when we first moved in about 8 yrs ago!